"Your Holiday Planner for Nepal Adventure"
We recognize that we have a responsibility to ensure the long-term sustainability of our operations. Our aim in formalizing a policy on responsible tourism is to continually improve the way in which we run our business to the benefit of all involved (the business, our clients, and our destinations). Hiking Himalayas Treks & Expedition P.Ltd -wide Responsible Tourism Policies are:
1. Ensure local crews are treated well and fairly. We operate as per the International Porter Protection Group guidelines (e.g. appropriate clothing, shelter, medical etc). In addition we provide life insurance and emergency helicopter evacuation, and fair wages (e.g. Rs 400 to 450 per day per porter).
2. Support grassroots, locally-run, community development and conservation organizations. In particular we support Tourism for Rural Poverty Alleviation Programme efforts of poverty alleviation through sustainable tourism which is pro-poor, pro-environment, pro-rural communities and pro-women, making the benefits of tourism reach grass-roots level.
3. Where possible we purchase equipment locally. Obviously all fresh produce and food is bought in local markets and small shops. Camping equipment such as dining tents, kitchen tents, porter backpacks, duffle bags, porter jackets, biodegradable soap are made locally.
1. Hiking Himalayas Trek & Expedition P.Ltd has a zero litter tolerance. On our treks all rubbish and waste material is carried out and disposed of in suitable facilities in the main towns and cities. Reduce and re-use (and recycle whenever possible).
2. Group sizes are kept below 12. We are aware that wherever we go we are having an impact on the environment. We endeavor to minimize this impact and, where possible, engage in projects and activities that not only make the environment sustainable but contribute to improving it.
3. We encourage and promote eco friendly local lodges. Such as the lodges/hotels that uses more sustainable resources (e.g. solar panel, biogas, recycle facility etc).
4. Our guides receive special training in low-impact travel and are selected based on their knowledge, commitment to and awareness of sustainable travel. Every year these standards are re-examined.
5. Travelers are encouraged to bring water purification tablets or water filters on the trek as this reduces the use of plastic bottles and also reduces the weight carried.
Hiking Himalayas Treks and Expedition P. Ltd is actively involved in social welfare, working with NGO’s (non government organizations) and INGO’s (international NGO). We work in the health and education sector to uplift and improve social disadvantages in marginalized and poor communities. Through the initiative of Mr. Vishma Raj Nepal – Director of Hiking Himalayas Treks and Expedition, a school has been built in jhor, Kathmandu. Which currently provides free and qualified education for about 60 poor and marginalized community children. Every year the school will take 10 new children. Search as:-
Hiking Himalayas Treks & expedition P.ltd contributes to and supports conservation-oriented programs and organizations working to preserve the environment and help trekkers. Such as Kathmandu Environment Protection Programmed (KEEP), and Himalayan Rescue Association (HRA). We are life member of these organizations.