"Your Holiday Planner for Nepal Adventure"
Mt. Dhaulagiri in central Nepal is the seventh highest peak in the world, which shadows over the Kali Gandaki river that flows in between Annapurna Massif and this awesome peak.
This trek journeys through Nepal’s wildest and most remote areas where the mountain scenery is simply breathtaking. It is one of the longest treks and is suitable only for those with some mountaineering skills or for the physically fit. The trip is advised only in fall as winter and spring are formidable due to excessive snow ice conditions.
Highlights of the Trekking
Exploring Nepalese lifestyles, trekking through glaciers, challenging high Himalayan passes, panoramic views of great Himalayan peaks.
Trekking Destination : Dhaulagiri base camp, French pass, Hidden valley
Group Size : Min - 1
Minimum altitude : 1100m
Maximum altitude : 5300m
Grade : Strenuous
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation : Tented camp
Duration : 25 & 23 days
Entry : Beni
Exit : Pokhara
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu.
Welcome and receive from airport and transfer to Hotel. Introductory program and briefing about the trip.
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley which includes the visits to many historical and architectural monuments, Temples and Stupas
Day 03 : Drive to Pokhara by luxury tourist bus. Explore around and enjoy your time
Day 04 : Drive Pokhara-Beni by private car/van
Drive to Beni about 4 hrs.
Day 05 : Beni-Babichaur ( 1000m )
After leaving the Kali Gandaki river you enter in the Myagdi Khola valley.
Day 06 : Babichaur-Dharapani ( 1565m )
Tonight you will camp in Dharapani 1565m, and the Dhaulagiri is no more so far.
Day 07 : Dharapani-Muri ( 1850m )
The path goes steep up to Muri 1850 m, where the Mt. Dhaulagiri and other mountains appear clearly.
Day 08 : Muri-Boghara ( 2050m )
From Muri the trail is easy and goes down for few hours but before to reach Boghara you have to climb a steep path for a couple of hours.
Day 09 : Boghara-Dhoban ( 2630m )
Today the path is quite difficult and sometime you will need the help of the ropes. Watch your step.
Day 10 : Dhoban-Italien Base camp ( 3500m )
Today you will reach the Italien Base Camp where you will camp just infront of the West wall of the Dhaulagiri
Day 11 : Rest Day
Day 12 : Italo Base camp-Lager auf (4250m )
Again you will need the help of the ropes, but the path is not dangerous. For better acclimatization will not reach the Dhaulagiri base amp today but you will stop at half way.
Day 13 : Dhaulagiri Base camp ( 4650m )
Today you will reach the Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 14 : Rest day.
Acclimatization day. In the next day you will be constantly at an altitude of 5,000 - 6,000m, so this day is essential.
Day 15 : Dhampus Pass ( 5250m )
During the today trek you will cross the French Pass at an altitude of 5334 m. After the pass you reach the Hidden Valley and you will cross another pass: the Dhampus pass.
Day 16 : Thapa Peak.
For the people who still have energy and do not suffer from "altitude sickness" today is planed to reach the 6013 m of the Thapa peak. The ascent is not difficult.
Day 17 : Rest day.
Day 18 : Tukche ( 2595m )
Long way down to the Kali Gandaki Valley, nearly 2000 m down.
Day 19 : Tukche-Ghasa ( 2015m )
An easy and large path will bring you to Gasa.
Day 20 : Ghasa-Tatopani ( 1190m )
Today you will reach Tatopani where you can enjoy the beautiful Hot Springs.
Day 21 : Tatopani-Ghorepani ( 2853m )
Long way up to Ghorepani, from where you can enjoy an exciting view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range.
Day 22 : Birethanti.
Day 23 : Drive to Pokhara by private car/van
Upon arrival in Pokhara Transfer to the Hotel.
Day 24 :Drive to Kathmandu by luxury tourist bus. Overnight at Hotel
Day 25: Departure Home
1. Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast basis as per the itinerary
2. Kathmandu city tour as per the itinerary by private car/van
3. All entry fees to monumental zones in Kathmandu city tour
4. Annapurna conservation Area permit
5. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
6. All land transportation; Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by luxury tourist bus and other local transportation by private car/van
7. Accommodation in tented camp during the trek
8. Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
9. Trekking camping equipments (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gears/utensils
10. Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook, sherpas and porters services
11. Transportation, accommodation, meals, allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staffs
12. All the official paper works and all the applicable government taxes
13. Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
(Airport pick-up and drop-off are complimentary services)
1. Nepal visa fee
2. International Airfare to and from Kathmandu
3. Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara
4. Excess baggage charges
5. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
6. Travel and rescue insurance
7. Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Hot and cold drinks, shower etc)
8. Tips for guides and porters
Note: All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Hence, please suggest us your preferences so that we can prepare the program accordingly and quote the price for the same. You are kindly requested to always feel free to contact us for any information that you require. Your queries are always welcomed and we will be privileged to furnish you with the required information.