"Your Holiday Planner for Nepal Adventure"
Tilicho Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world, lies in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas in Nepal, at an altitude of 4919m. Stretching about 4 km long and about 1km wide, it lies at the foot of the 7134m summit of the same name, north of the Grand Barrier, a 10 km long wall of rock, ice and snow.This tarns-Himalayan adventure begins with a spectacular drive from Kathmandu to Beshishahar following the same trail as for Annapurna Circuit Trek up to Manang.
Then we leave the lodges on the main trail to head up toward Tilicho Lake. These high Himalayan reaches are the habitat of the Himalayan Thar (Mountain Goat) and the snow leopard, among other mammals. From our camp by the shores of the lake, we climb up to world Highest Pass Throngla La Pass (5416m), where we are rewarded with the first views of the Kali Gandaki Valley. We descend to stay at the charming Thakali Village of Marpha. From here, we follow the Kali Gandaki upstream to Kagbeni and up a side valley to the shrine at Muktinath, sacred to Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims alike. The trip ends in Jomsom with an early morning flight to Pokhara.
This is a splendid summer trek, as rewarding as it is challenging. The Tilicho Lake trek is among the finest serious Nepal treks, best experienced in the monsoon.
Highlights of the Trekking
Spectacular views of Annapurna, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri ranges, fascinating landscapes of Mustang, Muktinath temple (Hinduism and Buddhism), Manang, Marpha, Braga village, large numbers of monasteries, Kaligandaki gorge etc.
Trekking Destination : Thorong La Pass (5416m.)
Group Size : Min - 1
Minimum altitude : 760m.
Maximum altitude : 5416m.
Grade : Strenuous
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation : Lodge or Tented Camp
Duration : 18, 24 & 20 Days
Entry : Khudi
Exit : Pokhara
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. Welcome and receive from the airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu which takes to many historical monuments, temples, Stupas,
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Besisahar by bus & trek to Bulbule. 840m (8 hrs).
Day 04 : Bhulbhule trek to Jagat. 1,300m (4 hrs)
Day 05 : Jagat to Dharapani. 1,860m (6 hrs)
Day 06 : Dharapani to Chame. 2,670m (5 hrs)
Day 07 : Chame to Pisang. 3,200m (6 hrs)
Day 08 : Pisang to Manang. 3,540m (6 hrs)via upper rout
Day 09 : Rest at Manang to get acclimatized to the altitudes and climate.
Day 10 : Manang to Khangsar 3,734m (2.5 hrs)
Day 11 : Khangsar-Tilicho Base Camp- Tilicho Lake (4919m) and back to Khangsar.
Day 12 : Khangsar to Ledar (4200m) 5 hours
Day 13 : Ledar to High Camp (4,925m) 4 hours
Day 14 : High Camp to Muktinath. 3,800m (6 hrs)
Day 15 : Muktinath to Jomsom. 2,710m (5 hrs)
Day 16 : Jomson to Kalopani. 2,530m (4.5 hrs)
Day 17 : Kalopani to Tatopani. 1190m (5hrs)
Day 18 : Tatopani to Ghorepani. 2750m (7 hrs)
Day 19 : Ghorepani - Ghandruk. 1940m (5 hrs)
Day 20 : Ghandruk to Birethanti and drive back to Pokhara
Day 21 : Drive or fly back to Kathmandu. Transfer to Hotel.
Service Cost includes:
1. Accommodation in Kathmandu and in Pokhara in Hotel on Bed and Breakfast basis as per the itinerary
2. Kathmandu city tour as per the itinerary by private car/van
3. All entry fees to monumental zones in Kathmandu city tour
4. Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking permit
5. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
6. Land transportation from Kathmandu to Beshishahar by private car/van and from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Deluxe bus
7. Accommodation in Guest houses/lodges during the trek
8. Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
9. Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porters services
10. Transportation, accommodation, meals, allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staffs
11. Jomsom to Pokhara flight ticket
12. All the official paper works and all the applicable government taxes
13. Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
(Airport pick-up and drop-off are complimentary services)
Service Cost Excludes :-
1. Nepal visa fee
2. International Airfare to and from Kathmandu
3. Hotel in Kathmandu
4. Excess baggage charges
5. Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
6. Travel and rescue insurance
7. Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Hot and cold drinks, shower etc)
8. Tips for guides and porters