All nationalities except Indians require a visa for Nepal. Tourists are allowed a total of 150 days per year in Nepal. Visas are obtainable from embassies abroad or on arrival at Kathmandu’s airport, be prepared for long queues.
If getting your visa on arrival you will need to provide one passport photo (just a small photo of yourself, no rules about how your tilt your head etc!) and the following fees in US dollars only:
To visit Nepal as a foreign tourist, you generally need to obtain a visa. Here is an overview of the visa process for Nepal:
1. Visa Types:
– Tourist Visa: For tourists visiting Nepal for sightseeing, trekking, or leisure purposes.
– Online Visa: Available for citizens of selected countries, allowing them to apply for a tourist visa online in advance.
2. On-Arrival Visa:
– Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or other specified border entry points, you can apply for a tourist visa.
– Fill out the visa application form available at the airport or entry point.
– Submit the completed form along with the required documents and the visa fee in the designated counter.
– Carry two passport-sized photographs.
3. Required Documents:
– Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Nepal.
– Application Form: Fill out the visa application form with accurate information.
– Photographs: Carry two passport-sized photographs.
– Visa Fee: Pay the applicable visa fee in cash (preferably in USD) or as per the local currency exchange rate.
4. Visa Fees:
– The visa fees vary depending on the duration of your stay.
– For a 15-day multiple-entry tourist visa, the fee is USD 30.
– For a 30-day multiple-entry tourist visa, the fee is USD 50.
– For a 90-day multiple-entry tourist visa, the fee is USD 125.
– Other visa types and extensions have different fee structures.
5. Online Visa Application (if applicable):
– If your country is eligible for an online visa, you can apply in advance through the official website of the Department of Immigration of Nepal.
– Fill out the online application form with the required details.
– Make the payment using a credit or debit card.
– Print the confirmation receipt and bring it with you while traveling.
6. Visa Extension:
– If you plan to stay in Nepal for longer than the initially granted visa duration, you can apply for a visa extension at the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu or the immigration offices in Pokhara or other major cities.
– Visa extensions can be granted for up to 150 days in a visa year (January to December).
It’s important to note that visa regulations and requirements can change over time, so it’s advisable to check with the nearest Nepalese embassy or consulate or visit the official website of the Department of Immigration of Nepal for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements and processes.
It’s a good idea to carry the cash with you in US dollars and to fill out your two forms on the plane (you may have to ask for them), as you will get further up the visa queue! When you come into the arrival hall, look for the sign at the far end that says ‘foreigners with or without visa’ – just past the diplomats!
Please note regulations and costs for visas change frequently so it’s advisable to check the current rules with your nearest Nepalese embassy or consulate. For information on the location of your nearest embassy or consulate we recommend the following website:
To provide you with an authentic Nepalese experience, our local experts are residents of the places. To ensure that every part of your journey is enjoyable and memorable, our office staff and skilled crews are always on hand.
Travelling in a small group of no more people provides and intimate experience where you will make lifelong friendships. while your guide and support staff are attentive to ensuring your travels are supportive and fully immersive.
Quality services at the best prices make our adventures great value for money. Having essential items like meals, sightseeing and national park fees included in the trip cost allows you to better budget
Hiking Himalayas Treks & Expeditions is the trade name for authorized government-licensed trekking and touring company in Nepal. We are committed to ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable holiday